Welcome to my 365 Blog

In order to keep up with all I have going on in my life I'm combining this blog and my family blog. I will still make 1 post a day, every day. But I will use it to make a family journal/photo book at the end of November 2009 to document our year. It's just too confusing having 7 or 8 blogs to work on. Anyways, continue follow me at

www.brittanylueck.blogspot.com

:)

Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 227

Whew! Getting a deal is tiring. Here's the big freezer, stocked and organized (NOT clean). I'll be adding another 60 bags of (FREE) veggies on Monday. I really hope I can fit it in. I'm about ready to buy another big freezer to fill with the awesome deals I've been getting! My little freezer is shoved full, too. I organized it thusly: Little freezer holds ice cream, open bags of veggies, frozen waffles, frozen bread dough, most of our juice concentrates, cookie dough, frozen go-gurts and a few other odds and ends. The big freezer has frozen meals, bulk veggies, the leftovers of the 1/2 cow we bought last spring, the leftovers of the fish my husband caught in Alaska 2 trips ago, chicken, bacon, etc, OJ containers, butter, loaves of bread, baking goods (small bags of flour, flax seed, wheat, gluten, etc), whip cream and other odds and ends.

Here are the details to get a deal...again. Email me if it doesn't make sense and I'll explain it better. Search your ads. Albertson's is having a great deal right now. Spend $30 on select items and get $15 back in register coupons (to use on your next transaction). So, you get the items (such as chex cereal, Knorr side dishes, Progresso soup, ALL laundry detergent, Macaroni Grill boxed dinners, Pillsbury frozen dough, etc - check the ad) and sort them into $30 transactions. Have the cashier ring them up in $30 transactions and then when you get the 3 $5 coupons off after you pay, use them on the next transaction. BESIDES doing that, bring coupons in with you. Newspaper coupons and online coupons. The $30 counts before you use coupons. So you won't be spending $30 on each transaction because you'll be using your coupons to get more of a discount. Albies also allows you to use other store's ads on your groceries, so I took in the Fred Meyer ad for $10/10 Oj/Milk 1/2 gallons and got OJ. So, now we have 10 containers of OJ in our freezer. It's not easy, it takes a lot of preparation and organization. But man is it worth it! We are building our food storage for less than what we usually spend on our monthly budget. My email address is brittany . lueck at gmail . com if you have any questions. Have fun saving money! I'm going to take a nap.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Tess said...

That is really incredible! Not something I could do with both rugrats with me but wow! I am super impressed.

Brittany said...

Oh, I didn't do it taking my kids. I'd have lost my mind! I went at 5:30am (when the store opened) so I was gone while they were asleep. Which is a big deal because I am NOT a morning person. From now on I'll try to go while they're both in school (kindy & preschool) but I'll have to hurry since I'll only have 1 1/2 hours.

Mel said...

AWESOME! I wish we had more stores around here..and someone to watch the kiddos for me!

Unknown said...

Yay for you!! I've tried that sort of thing, but because of the distance to the appropriate stores, it's not always cost-effective. You did great!

Diana said...

Wow, amazing! I am going to start coupon clipping....I think I need a newspaper!

Sandra said...

Wow that is pretty impressive. TFS your techniques.

Unknown said...

Where will you be getting the frozen veggies on Monday? That's what I need!

Brittany said...

A few weeks ago (just before I went to Alaska) Albies was having a sale on Green Giant Steamers for .99 cents a bag. I went to Ebay and bought 60 coupons for $1 off. The coupons were $11.50ppd. They were out of them, so I got a rain check. When I went in this week I asked if they had enough and they said there was another shipment coming this weekend and that they'd pull whatever ones I want aside for me so I can just pick them up on Monday. That's how I'm getting them for free. Woot!